ARB’s Air Locker Differential Spreader is a professional automotive tool that no differential installer should be without. Most common Salisbury style axle assemblies (e.g., Dana Spicer model 44) require the use of a differential spreader in order to achieve the required carrier bearing pre-load during set-up. Stretching the housing casting (or ‘pumpkin’) open by sufficient enough force as to allow extra shim to be added to create the pre-load is the method that the OEM manufacture’s endorse, and most manufacture’s have included special ‘spreader sockets’ in the housing for exactly this purpose.
Insufficient pre-load can result in bearing failure, or ring and pinion failure on any differential, and possible oil/air leakage issues in an Air Locker Differential. As a part of ARB’s Air Locker Tools range of differential service/installation equipment, this specialty tool offers an easy, quick and highly effective way of pre-loading these axles.
- Designed by ARB to quickly and easily install onto most shim adjusted automotive differentials
- Allows the housing to be stretched in a safe and controllable way which reduces the risk of causing permanent damage to the housing (i.e., from overspreading the housing)
- Pre-drilled with a hole pattern that suits most of the commonly available axle types.
- Also suited to pre-loading shim adjusted Banjo style axle assemblies (e.g., Isuzu 26 spline).
- Comes in a durable carry case with a dedicated powder coated parts tray for easy storage and transport
- Economically priced at roughly the labor & materials cost of having to re-preload one axle (i.e., a differential that was set-up without a spreader that is now showing symptoms of under pre-loading)
Air Locker Differential Spreader by ARB
- Brand: ARB
- Product Code: 770003
- Availability: In Stock